It’s been a while since I’ve blogged.
Over the last eight months, my entire life has changed. I won’t get into the details here, but my personal writing has definitely taken a beating. I’m trying hard to get back into the groove, and will start with one of the things I do best… re-posting recipes.
This recipe is from one of my favourite websites, Organize Yourself Skinny. It’s gluten free, dairy free and awesome. It’s also filling and healthy.
- 3 cups rolled oats (I used certified gluten free)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup dried unsweetened cranberries
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine rolled oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Mix together until all of the ingredients are evenly distributed among the oats.
- In another large bowl whisk together eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Add pumpkin, coconut oil, and coconut milk. Whisk together until blended.
- Stir in dried cranberries and let sit for about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour wet mixture and pecans into dry mixture. Stir until all the oats are coated with the pumpkin mixture.
- Divide baked oatmeal mixture among a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Bake 25 -27 minutes. Let sit for about 3-5 minutes.
Calories per cup: 231 (ish)